A 3 bedroomed bed and breakfast guest accommodation. We welcome all and make every endeavour to meet guests needs. Just phone for a chat or send an email to discuss any individual requirements.
Fully Fire Compliant
Fire doors, smoke, heat, carbon monoxide and fire alarms, 24 Hour emergency lighting, door signs for the disabled and PAT Testing on all relevant appliances.
Joy was used in the Devon & Somerset Fire Service media coverage 2011 and 2012 as an example to highlight the relatively new fire safety requirements for all accommodations.
Staff have relevant Food and Hygiene Certifications. Tara has Management Level 3 and Joy Level 2 accredited by Janet Thomas of the Bethnal Centre, Axminster and East Devon Council Environmental Inspection Certification.
Welcome to Excellence accreditation in all categories
- Telephone: 01297 32036 (9a.m. - 7p.m. please). email: email@example.com.
- Website: www.hedgehogcorner.co.uk.
- Clear tariff onweb site online booking and given via email or phone call with booking confirmation and VAT registration number 981 7201 15. All prices include VAT.
- Prior phone calls, emails or visits for inspection welcomed. Video of accommodation on this web site.
- Detailed information on local services given on booking: Nearest train station Axminster (approx. 2 miles away).
- Bus 31 from Axminster station to top of our road (approx 500 metres walk, no pavement, no street lights).
- Taxi numbers available and sent on booking. Approx. 5 minutes taxi ride. Google map on web site.
- No collection service provided by us is available as this would contravene local council guidelines as we are not a licenced taxi firm.
- Flowers and champange can be booked in advance and delivered by licenced florist and special dates kept secret for surprises.
- Blue Badge parking and radar toilets in local towns of Axminster, Lyme Regis, Charmouth, Seaton and Beer. Further information available on arrival.
- Staff on site 24/7 to assist guests.
- Non smoking throughout property.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities (Arrivals welcome from 4p.m. - 8p.m. and later by arrangement)
- Plenty of on-site, well-lit and signed private car parking. Drive is on a slight slope.
- Level drop off point at front door. (Notify in advance so gates are open for guests and space reserved by front door if required).
- Tarmac driveway and advisory signs for those with leather soled shoes.
- Speed calming bump on driveway, no barriers.
- Contact phone numbers displayed in porch.
- Sorry we cannot accommodate your pets or accompanying children under 16 years of age.
- Clear signage in place on the road and property for arrivals, roadside house name, parking and reception.
- Route from car park to entrance on slight slope. No covered walkway. 50 metres to front door. Well lit with sensor lights.
- 3 steps into porch and one at front door with outside fire safety emergency 24/7 lighting .
- Level access via rear door if required and level drop off at front door.
- Arrival time 4p.m. - 8p.m. please.
Main Entrance, Reception Area
- Rear entrance on request - level. Can be accessed from car drop of point near front door.
- Assistance can be given at all times with luggage and arrival.
- No loop systems installed. Pad/pens in room with full information book. Entry phone/voice communication if guests require a member of staff when outside front door.
- Well-lit with 24/7 emergency fire safety lighting outside and inside property at emergency exits and over stairs.
- Additional keys to rooms available. Front door and room key with tab and mobile contact number given on arrival.
- Escorted tour given to each new arrival.
- Front door single leaf. Well-lit 24/7 and contact signage with entry phone and door bell.
- Reception closed 1p.m. - 4p.m. (unless in emergency) and signed outside property, web site, booking confirmation and in information book.
- Level flooring in hall.
- Provision for service dogs, water bowl, excercise area, bedding, tinned dog food.
- Large print breakfast menu available. Please ask on arrival.
- Public area - hall, stairs, landing, corridors etc. No guest lounge.
- Bedrooms on first floor. Acess by staircase. Level wood flooring in public areas ground floor. Stairs and rooms carpeted.
- Free public Wifi.
- Lighting uniform. Stairwell lighting is maintained fire emergency light 24/7.
- Doors are fire doors except in bathrooms as per Fire Safety (2005) Reform Act.
- All electrical appliances are PAT tested annually.
- Stairs have banister.
- No provision for pet dogs.
- No grab rails in public areas.
- No corridors.
- Breakfast room is on ground floor.
- No baby changing facilities as B&B exclusively for adults over 16 years of age.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc.
- Manual doors. Emergency procedures in information book.
- Bedrooms on 1st floor.
- Public areas oak floorboards.
- Stairs have bannister.
- No guest lounge.
- All guest bedrooms have WC.
- 1 Public WC on ground floor.
Breakfast Room and Menu
- Breakfast room has uniform lighting. Seating is a variety of tables seating 2 (and one can seat 4).
- Menus in large print. Staff available to help at all times.
- Allergies catered for and dietary needs. Catering for gluten free, dairy free or vegans at breakfast.
- Non smoking throughout.
- Waitress service.
- All guests laundry needs are dealt with in-house if we can assist. Particularly those travelling from abroad are given extra attention.
- There is no charge for our helpful service.
- All guests requiring wet clothes to be dried are catered for.
- Walkers can wash and dry boots overnight.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
Main house bedrooms King, Double Ensuite, Double Private at top of stairs access from main hall. Retreat ensuite studio set at edge of garden access with well lit steps. No rooms suitable for severe mobility impairements.
- Double Private bathroom has grip rails in bath and shower.
- Double en suite bathroom has walk in shower with extra wide doors.
- King ensuite bathroom has sloping eaves and deep 7' long Victorian bath with no grip rails.
- No bedrooms are suitable for wheel chair use.
- Interlinked smoke and fire alarms and owner onsite with staff vocal alerts in case of emergency.
- TVs have Freeview and Teletext.
- Routes in bedrooms unobstructed.
- Main house bedrooms flooring carpet (King and Doubles)
- Bedding: feather or non feather provided on request.
- Information books with breakfast menu in rooms.
- Iron and board available on request. In your room: Kettle and refreshment trays. Hair drier, torch and walking hi-vis jackets.
- Silent fridges in rooms with fresh milk, water and apple juice replenished daily.
- Central heating with thermostatic controls, electric fan heater and cooling fan in each room.
- Retreat bedroom at end of level path at rear of property. Accessed from drop off point or level walking.
- Disabled fire safety door tag and 'Clean My Room/Do Not Disturb' door signs.
- Pet free. Owner has small pet dog in private accommodation that is kept away from all guests at all times.
Bathroom, Shower room and WC (Ensuite or Shared)
- 3 bedrooms ensuite. Garden view and field view shower stalls.
- Floor surfaces vynyl laminate and tiled.
- Taps, lever and cross. Just ask for detailed information.
- King size bathroom has sloping eaves and free standing Victorian bath 7' long with no grip rails.
- Chair in each bathroom.
Grounds and Gardens
- Laid to lawn with surrounding flower beds.
- Gardens: level acess and step acess.
- Seats for resting.
- Use of field for walking.
- Field has a slight slope with level top and bottom
- Car access to field or walking.
- Evacution procedures on information sheet in room. Assembly point marked in car park. Staff training given. Full fire emergency lighting in place and fire extinguishers and metal escape ladder.
- Each room as a red disabled Fire Safety Door Tag.
- Staff have attended 'Welcome All' courses, Customer Service, Food Safety, Fire Safety and Health & Safety.
- Service dogs welcome.
- Non smoking policy throughout property. No background music. No interconnecting rooms. Silent fridges in each bedroom useful for medical supplies. Staff on hand to assist 24/7 with contact numbers in rooms and public areas inside and outside of property.
Hedgehog Corner B&B Guest Accommodation
Lyme Road (B3165)
Devon EX13 5SU
Telephone: 01297 32036
Hours of operation: Reception closed 1p.m. - 4p.m.
To endeavour to welcome all and make and add improvements and equipment whenever and wherever possible as the opportunities arise.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve. If you have any comments please phone 0129732036 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.