Access Statement for ACORNS and THE RETREAT at Hedgehog Corner EX13 5Su
(Goodlands at EX13 5ST has own web site)
We welcome all and make every endeavour to meet guests needs. Just phone for a chat or send an email to discuss any individual requirements.
Your Safety for Peace of Mind
I should like to reassure guests this is a professionally run establishment of some 16 years in business complying with regulations pertaining to Business Public Liability Insurance, Fire, Health and Safety, Food Safety, Hot Tub HSE Safety Guidelines in place, PAT testing, online card security PCI regulated and VAT number 981 7201 15. Book with me with confidence.
Joy is often invited to take part in the Devon & Somerset Fire Service media coverage as a good example to highlight the relatively new fire safety requirements for all accommodations.
Joy has relevant Food and Hygiene Certifications Level 2 and East Devon Council Environmental Inspection Certification Grade 5.
Goodlands Access Statement on the Goodlands web site
Welcome to Excellence accreditation in all categories
- Telephone: 01297 32036 (9a.m. - 7p.m. please). email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: www.hedgehogcorner.co.uk.
- Clear tariff on web site online booking and given via email or phone call with booking confirmation and VAT registration number 981 7201 15. All prices include VAT.
- Prior phone calls, emails or visits for inspection welcomed. Video of accommodation on this web site.
- Detailed information on local services given on booking: Nearest train station Axminster (approx. 2 miles away).
- Bus X51 & X53 from Axminster station to top of our road (approx 500 metres walk, no pavement, no street lights).
- Taxi numbers available on web site & at properties. Approx. 5 minutes taxi ride.
- Google map on web site.
- No collection service provided by us is available as this would contravene local council guidelines as we are not a licenced taxi firm.
- KEY SAFE BOX CODE e mailed to you 6 & 2 days prior arrival. Bring it with you!
- Blue Badge parking and radar toilets in local towns of Axminster, Lyme Regis, Charmouth, Seaton and Beer. Further information available on arrival.
- Staff on site to assist guests 24/7
- Non smoking inside of properties.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities (Arrivals welcome from 3p.m. - 8p.m. and later by arrangement)
Electric Car Charger Type 2 at Hedgehog Corner and Type 1 at Goodlands.
- Plenty of on-site, well-lit and signed private car parking. Drive is on a slight slope.
- Level drop off point at front door for Acorns (Notify in advance so gates are open for guests and space reserved by front door if required). Large cars may wish to use Main Car Park at top of drive.
- Tarmac driveway and advisory signs for those with leather soled shoes.
- Speed calming bump on driveway, no barriers.
- Contact phone numbers displayed in porch.
- Sorry we cannot accommodate your pets or accompanying children under 16 years of age.
- Clear signage in place on the road and property for arrivals, roadside house name, parking and reception.
- Route from car park to entrance on slight slope. Well lit with sensor lights. Emergency Torch at Retreat entrance Gate and in Main Reception Porch.
- Steps to Retreat and Acorns are easy risers. Retreat has approx 10 steps, Acorns 3.
- Arrival time 3p.m. - 9p.m. please. Joy usually at Reception of main house (well signed)
- Late arrivals by prior notice. Key safe is sent in advance to you by phone, text and or e mail.
- Bring key safe code with you!
- PARKING IN LYME REGIS FOR THOSE WITH MOBILTY ISSUES: if you are an ORANGE/BLUE BADGE holder and are in receipt of one of the following you may apply for a temporary parking permiet in Lyme Regis from their TIC. This will enttitle you to 3 hours of free parking in any car-parking bay in all WEST DORSET DISTRICT COUNCIL car parks. Your disabled clock and badge must be displayed. 1. Higher Mobility Allowance of the DLA, 2 High Rate Attendance Allowance if over (65) and incapable of walking more than 30 metres (written statement required) 4. War Pensions Mobility Supplement. Please ensure you are able to provide copy of your orange/blue badge and proof you are in receipt of one of the above allowances. If you are not in receipt of any of the above then regrettably you will not be entitled to a temproary parking permit and will have to pay and display in an ordinary car-parking bay.
Main Entrance, Reception Area
- Key with tab and mobile contact number in KEY SAFE BOX on arrival.
- Host Joy is invariably around at Reception if required and available 24/7
- Level ground floor accommodation and flooring in Retreat & Acorns.
- Provision for service dogs, water bowl, excercise area, bedding, tinned dog food.
- Free public Wifi.
- No provision for pet dogs.
- No grab rails in public areas.
- Acorns & Retreat exclusively for adults (we may from time to time allow one baby with prior agreement from Proprietor. (Children welcome at Goodlands).
- All guests requiring wet clothes to be dried are catered for with washer driers and airer in each property.
- Walkers can wash and dry boots overnight. Public water taps in car park.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- No bedrooms are suitable for wheel chair use.
- TVs have Freeview and Teletext.
- Routes in bedrooms unobstructed.
- Bedding: non feather provided with full linen and towels.
- Retreat bed also has a feather topper which can easily be removed before arrival.
- Acorns Tempura Memor Foam mattress. Brass bed.
- Information book provided
- Iron and board provided: Hair drier, torch and walking hi-vis jackets.
- Heating Radiators with thermostatic controls, electric fan heater and cooling fan.
- Pet free. (Owner has small pet dog in private accommodation that is kept away from all guests at all times).
- Nomite® all our bedding ensures that even allergy sufferers can use our down and feather bedding products, because the tight weave of the fabric casing acts as a barrier to dust mites. So even those who suffer from house dust allergies or asthma can enjoy the comfort of our natural bedding products.
Downafresh® all our bedding is a guarantee that the down and feather fillings comply with the most strict hygiene requirements, are subject to audited traceability, and comply with all laws and regulations relating to animal welfare and ethics, as well as ensuring that all fillings are regularly tested to ensure compliance.
- Floor surfaces vynyl laminate and tiled.
- Taps are lever. Just ask for detailed information.
- Shower/bath non slip mats provided
- Slipper bath in Acorns has no handles on side of bath.
- Large shower cubicles in Acorns & Retreat.
- Underfloor heating in Retreat shower room.
Grounds and Gardens
- Laid to lawn with surrounding flower beds.
- Gardens: level acess and step acess.
- Seats for resting.
- Use of field for walking.
- Field has a slight slope with level top and bottom
- Car access to field or walking.
- STEPS: 10 to Retreat, 3 to Acorns. Easy risers.
- Evacution procedures on information sheet in room. Assembly point marked in car park. Full fire emergency lighting in place and fire extinguishers.
- Staff have attended 'Welcome All' courses, Customer Service, Food Safety, Fire Safety and Health & Safety.
- Service dogs welcome.
- Non smoking policy throughout property. No background music. No interconnecting rooms. Staff on hand to assist with contact numbers in rooms and public areas inside and outside of property.
How to use the Hot Tub
Full information is in both The Retreat and Acorns.
Use Hot Tub at your own Risk
Please follow these safety rules
For the use of guests at Hedgehog Corner only
- HOT TUBS: 3 small steps to get in (80cm high and 200cm wide). Contact Joy for more information.
- Guests are advised to grip side of Hot Tub and move slowly when getting in and out of Tub.
- We check the sanitisation of the Hot Tubs on a daily/twice daily basis (without disturbing guests).
Use Hot Tub easy lid lifter and cover handles when moving cover
To remove cover lift one half up and back over with handle first then slide into Tub Lifter and tilt lifter upward
You must replace Hot Tub cover after each use to keep in
Do not sit or lie down on Hot Tub cover when on or off
Turn off jets after use - return grey bubble knobs back to off (when in the tub to your left) when out of tub to your right
Garden Lights are on sensor or turn off when retiring
Do not use soaps or oils in Tub
Shower before using Tub
No children or babies to use Tub
Use Tub Towels provided
No glass to be used, left, placed near tub - use polycarbonate ones provided and wash by hand after use
Do not use alcohol, narcotics or medications in Tub or before use of Tub
Consult doctor if elderly or have heart disease, diabetes, blood pressure, serious illness or have had diarrhoea within 14 days
Do not enter if temperature more than 104F or 40C
Limit your soak to 15 minutes and cool off between re entry.
Jets stop every 20 minutes automatically to ensure you take a break
Please let me know if anything isn't working so I can get it fixed - I am not a dragon
Fortunately we now carry a fully operational spare Hot Tub near your property in owners garden.
Hedgehog Corner Guest Accommodation
Lyme Road (B3165)
Uplyme, Nr. Axminster
Devon EX13 5SU
Telephone: 01297 32036
Hours of operation: Reception closed 1p.m. - 4p.m.
To endeavour to welcome all and make and add improvements and equipment whenever and wherever possible as the opportunities arise.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve. If you have any comments please phone 01297 32036 or email email@example.com.