Terms and Conditions Hedgehog Corner
For The Retreat Cottage & Acorns Garden Apartment
(Goodlands our family bungalow sleeping 6 has it's own web site www.lymeregisluxurycottage.co.uk)
- Accommodation at Hedgehog Corner areThe Retreat, Acorns sleep 2 adults each
- Our fully Family Friendly cottage, Goodlands sleeps 6, see www.lymeregisluxurycottage.co.uk
- Regret no pets
- 1 Baby "Babe in Arms" UNDER 12 months - not allowed in the Hot Tub. Bring own baby gear.
- Arrival 3pm onwards (please let us know if later than 9pm) Departure: 10.30am please.
- Bring your Key Safe Box code emailed to you prior to arrival (or phone us).
- Our mobile number is on your booking confirmation.
- Non-smoking inside any property.
- If your online booking is same day please phone as well to confirm on 01297 32036.
- Please read Hot Tub paragraph below & full information on arrival
- Goodlands is family friendly if you have children or pets.
- We are not suitable for weddings, wedding hire or wedding preparations.
- The booking is for 2 adults per property & use of hot tub only.
- Your day guests may only visit you at the property with written prior permission .
Please double check the dates and accommodation you have booked.
Tariff and Payment
- Payment is taken in full at time of booking or will be treated as a cancellation.
- Tariff includes use of own Hot Tub & Breakfast Basket, beds made, towels, loo roll, kitchen roll, toiletries.
- For best price book direct with us.
- Debit card no surcharge. 1.8% surcharge for Credit cards.
- Regret no Amex, Diners Club or cheques accepted.
- Tariff includes VAT No: 981 7201 15
- All bookings considered "provisional" until "confirmation" email received by you
- "Provisional" email sent immediately. Payment to be made at time of booking (or deemed cancelled).
- "Confirmation" emails are sent within 24 hours
- Proprietor reserves the right to cancel any "Provisional" booking.
- Only 1 offer may be redeemed per booking.
Minimum Stay: see our live on line booking system
Retreat & Acorns: Self Catered B&B with breakfast basket: Minimum stay 2 nights, 3 in peak summer weekends & some selected 1 nights.
Goodlands has it's own web site with full information.
Retreat & Acorns Includes 1 Breakfast Basket per booking and ample for stay (see contents list below) and use of 1 Hot Tub for your private use at your property. (*more Hot Tub info further down page).
Agency bookings: T&Cs as per agency used (which may differ from these).
Cancellations made for bookings made via our home web site www.hedgehogcorner.co.uk
- Written confirmation with reason needed to put into effect any cancellation.
- If re-let for full period booked, via us or our home web site, a refund may be given less 10% if relet through our web site
- If, discussed with you prior, re-let for full period booked via an Agency a refund may be given less 25%.
- No refunds for last minute cancellations (i.e. within 48 hours of 3 p.m. arrival time) or for early departures.
- We are unable to offer transfer of bookings. Amendments subject to T&Cs.
- Any refunds are entirely at the sole discretion of the management whose decision is final. Correspondence cannot be entered into.
- For Agency bookings (i.e. Trip Advisor) see T&Cs with that agency that apply.
Please consider holiday insurance.
Towels, toiletries & Bedding provided - also spare swim wear if you forget yours
- Specialist Nomite & Downafresh pillows suitable for those with asthma - see Access Statement for more information.
- All linen and towels. Neal's Yard toiletries + starter items such as loo rolls, dishwasher & washing machine tablets, tea towels, washing up liquid and cloths etc.
- Tub towels, plastic flip flop/sandal slippers, robes and polycarbonate hot tub glasses provided.
- Spare swimming suits/shorts provided if you forget yours!
- 1 Breakfast Basket with each booking contains ample for the duration of your visit.
Assortment Clipper & Miles refreshments, Craigs Farm milk, cereals, Wolfys instant porridge pots, Miles ground coffee, loaf Joy's own homemade Wessex flour bread (if you prefer gluten free please give us 24 hours notice), butter, selection Hedgehog Corner miniature preserves, Four Elms Fruit Farm apple juice, Frobisher juice, free range eggs and Hedgehog Corner Muesli (muesli includes wheat, milk products, nuts & peanuts). Contents may slightly vary on occasion.
- Goodlands has it's own web site with full information (no hot tub or breakfast basket at Goodlands).
Champagne & Flowers
Ring House of Flowers in Lyme Regis 01297 444743 www.houseofflowerslymeregis.co.uk to place and order for delivery here. Order flowers a BASKET to save a vase and take home easily. Ensure your name and accommodation on card and let me know if you have a delivery so I am here to receive them for you.
Dietary requests – 24 hours’ notice please i.e. Gluten Free Bread.
Please be aware nuts, milk and wheat are used in some products. No smoking inside any property/accommodation. Please ask if in doubt of product content.
1 Babe in Arms 12 months and under. Absolutely not allowed in the Hot Tub under any circumstances what so ever. Bring own baby gear. (Small charge £10 per day payable on booking).
All children welcomed at Goodlands
Pets are welcome at Goodlands our family bungalow.
Safe private sensor lit parking signed for Retreat in top car park to left, Acorns infront of main house or top car park.
Retreat & Acorns Apartment: rooms are not tidied daily. Longer lets are offered linen change and clean.
Acorns – broadband wi fi complimentary and good reception.
Retreat doesn't have wi fi, but it is available 24/7 at main house in front porch with chair provided.
As a guest at these premises using the broadband facilities, the hirer and/or their guests agree that they will not use the service for unlawful or illegal purposes.
Goodlands has it's own web site and has excellent broadband wi fi and no Hot Tub.
Hot Tubs - please read.
Bring your swimming suits. Tub towels, plastic flip flop/sandal slippers and robes provided. If required spare swim wear available at no extra charge.
If you are wearing FAKE/SPRAY TAN you may NOT use the Hot Tub (discolours water, causes havoc, renders it inoperable, needing recharge at £50). Make up must be removed before use.
For your safety you must follow the safe bathing guide in information book and on laminated cards at your property and use the Hot Tub Towels and Hot Tub polycarbonate glassware.
Use of Tubs betweeen 8am and 10pm please for 2 adults hiring the property only.
No day guests or visitors are allowed to use the facilities unless with express written permission from owner in advance. No babies allowed in Hot Tub.
We have spare swimsuits/shorts if you forget to bring yours
Hanky Panky - please respect our hot tubs as they are very shy
Cover should be replaced when not in use to keep heat in and leaves out. Damage, abuse of safety rules, damaging tub, i.e. putting bubble bath, soap or shampoo in it or soiling it which requires either emptying and special recharge, sanitise and clean, of tub will be debited from your card, there is a £50 fee which will be taken from your card if Tub abused or for recharging or if it prevents the next guests enjoying it on their day of arrival.
Should for any rare reason beyond our control your Hot Tub is not in use be reassured! We are able to offer use of our spare working HotTub in owners private garden adjacent to your garden - no inconvenience to you at all.
Please note the owner and or staff check the santiser of the Tub on a regular daily basis: we will try to do this when you are out and make every effort not to disturb you. Your safety in the Tub is of paramount importance and we follow the recommended HSE safety guidelines and you must read the user information supplied at the property and by the tub.
One promo per booking if more than one running at any time.
Regret we have to charge £5 + p&p as this involves a special trip to the Post Office.
Full Access Statement is available on Home page or please phone to discuss your requirements
Any accident or injury sustained in any circumstances on our premises must be reported immediately to Proprietor and a report filed in our Accident Book.
Candles &Smoking Flame effect candles provided. Smoking outside property only please.
In the unlikely event of a major event forcing us to close any accommodation (e.g. electrical failure, fire damage) we give as much notice as possible and will refund any monies paid by you for a deposit or full payment, this being the full limitation of our responsibility to you. We will not accept liability for any of your travel costs or related expenses. We will endeavour to assist you in finding alternative accommodation if at all possible.
If you have a complaint we would appreciate you having the good manners to tell us personally whilst here so we have the opportunity to remedy it.
Damage & Extra Cleaning
Please let me know at the time of breakage or if something isn't working - I don't bite! I want to replace or repair anything broken or not working for your enjoyment and that of the next guests. Please just let me know. Most small breakages we don't charge for i.e. glass/mug.
We reserve the right to charge your card for damage, extra cleaning or recover our insurance excess from you (e.g. breakages, red wine stains or hot tong marks) or to charge for missing items e.g. keys. The person who makes the booking is responsible for any damage and all payments. Please empty dishwasher and put everything back in it's place on departure.
We don't take a damages deposit but if property is left "in a state" beyond "reasonable" there is an extra charge.
I have had 18 years of experience in cleaning holiday accommodation and fortunately guests leaving property "in an unreasonable state" is rare.
Your Safety for Peace of Mind
I should like to reassure guests this is a professionally run establishment of some 18 years in business complying with regulations pertaining to Hot Tub HSE Guidelines, Business Public Liability Insurance, Fire, Health and Safety, Food Safety (5* rating certificate) from East Devon Council, online card security PCI regulated and VAT number 981 7201 15. Book with with confidence.
We hope that guests appreciate that these Terms and Conditions set out clearly and in detail are for all of our assistance and benefit.
The property has CCTV.
Miss Joy Raymond, Properietor - an 18 year track record of excellence.
Overall Winner of Guest Accommodation of the Year Devon Tourism, Overall Winner of Taste of the West Guest Accmmodation 2013
Overall UK Winner Guest Accommodation in Green Tourism 2013.