Terms and Conditions for Hedgehog Corner: The Retreat Cottage & Acorns Garden Apartment
(Goodlands our family bungalow has it's own web site full of information www.lymeregisluxurycottage.co.uk)
- All accommodation at Hedgehog Corner (The Retreat, Acorns sleep 2 adults each)
- Our fully Family Friendly cottage, Goodlands sleeps 6, see www.lymeregisluxurycottage.co.uk
- Regret no pets or children Acorns or Retreat (except Assistance Dogs). (See Goodlands for pets/kids)
- Arrival: 3 p.m.– 9 p.m. Departure: 10.30am please.
- Bring your Key Safe Box code emailed to you 6 & 2 days prior to arrival (or phone us).
- Our mobile number is on your booking confirmation.
- Non-smoking inside any property.
- If your online booking is same day please phone as well to confirm on 01297 32036.
- Please read Hot Tub paragraph below & full information on arrival if you wish to use yours.
- Goodlands is family friendly if you have children or pets.
Please double check the dates and accommodation you have booked.
Tariff and Payment
- Payment is taken in full at time of booking.
- Tariff includes use of own Hot Tub & Breakfast Basket, beds made, towels, loo roll, kitchen roll, toiletries..
- Debit card no surcharge. 2.5% surcharge for Credit cards.
- Regret no Amex, Diners Club or cheques accepted.
- Tariff includes VAT No: 981 7201 15
- All bookings considered "provisional" until "confirmation" email received by you
- "Provisional" email sent immediately with payment to be made within 24 hours (or deemed cancelled).
- "Confirmation" emails are sent within 24 hours as a rule when I have manually checked in the booking.
- Proprietor reserves the right to cancel any "Provisional" booking.
- Only 1 offer may be redeemed per booking.
Minimum Stay: see our live on line booking system
Retreat & Acorns: Self Catered B&B with breakfast basket: Minimum stay 2 nights, some selected 1 nights.
Goodlands has it's own web site with full information.
Retreat & Acorns Includes 1 Breakfast Basket per booking and ample for stay (see contents list below) and use of 1 Hot Tub for your private use at your property. (*more Hot Tub info further down page).
Note Retreat & Acorns near each other, easily accessed and bookable for 2 couples at the same time.
Agency bookings: T&Cs as per agency used (which may differ from these).
Cancellations made for bookings made via our home web site www.hedgehogcorner.co.uk
- Written confirmation with reason needed to put into effect any cancellation.
- If re-let for full period booked, via us or our home web site, a refund may be given less 10% if relet through our web site
- If, discussed with you prior, re-let for full period booked via an Agency a refund may be given less 25%.
- No refunds for last minute cancellations (i.e. within 48 hours of 3 p.m. arrival time) or for early departures.
- We are unable to offer transfer of bookings. Amendments subject to T&Cs.
- Any refunds are entirely at the sole discretion of the management whose decision is final. Correspondence cannot be entered into.
- For Agency bookings (i.e. Holiday Lettings) see T&Cs with that agency that apply.
Please consider holiday insurance.
Towels, toiletries & Bedding provided
- We offer full non-feather bedding. There is a feather topper on the Retreat bed which is easily removed.
- All linen and towels. Eco toiletries + starter items such as loo rolls, dishwasher & washing machine tablets, tea towels, washing up liquid and cloths etc.
- Tub towels, slippers, robes and plastic glasses provided.
- 1 Breakfast Basket with each booking contains ample for the duration of your visit.
Assortment Clipper & Miles refreshments, Yarty Valley milk, Kellogs cereals, Quakers or Wolfys instant porridge pots, Miles ground coffee, loaf Joy's own homemade Wessex flour bread (if you prefer gluten free please give us 24 hours notice), butter, selection Hedgehog Corner miniature preserves, orange/grapefruit juice, Four Elms Fruit Farm apple juice, Frobisher juice, free range eggs and Hedgehog Corner Muesli (muesli includes wheat, milk products, nuts & peanuts). Contents may slightly vary on occasion.
- Goodlands has it's own web site with full information
Champagne & Flowers
Ring House of Flowers in Lyme Regis 01297 444743 www.houseofflowerslymeregis.co.uk to place and order for delivery here. Flowers should be in a BASKET to save a vase and take home easily. Ensure your name and accommodation on card and let me know if you have a delivery so I am here to receive them for you.
Dietary requests – 24 hours’ notice please i.e. Gluten Free Bread.
Please be aware nuts, milk and wheat are used in some products. No smoking inside any property/accommodation. Please ask if in doubt of product content.
We cannot accommodate your pets. Assistance dogs are welcome.
Safe sensor lit parking signed for Retreat in top car park to left, Acorns infront of main house or top car park.
Retreat & Acorns Apartment: rooms are not tidied daily. Longer lets are offered linen change and clean.
Acorns – broadband wi fi complimentary and good reception.
Retreat doesn't have wi fi, but it is available 24/7 at main house in outer front door porch with chair provided.
As a guest at these premises using the broadband facilities, the hirer and/or their guests agree that they will not use the service for unlawful or illegal purposes.
Goodlands has it's own web site and has excellent broadband wi fi and no Hot Tub.
Bring your swimming suits. Tub towels, slippers and robes provided.
If you are wearing FAKE/SPRAY TAN you may NOT use the Hot Tub (discolours water, causes havoc, renders it inoperable, needing recharge at £50). Make up must be removed before use.
For your safety you must follow the safe bathing guide in information book and on laminated cards at your property and use the Hot Tub Towels and Hot Tub polycarbonate glassware.
Use of Tubs betweeen 8am and 10pm please.
Cover should be replaced when not in use to keep heat in and leaves out. Damage, abuse of safety rules, damaging tub, putting bubble bath, soap or shampoo in it or soiling it which requires either emptying and special recharge, sanitise and clean, of tub will be debited from your card, there is a £50 fee which will be taken from your card if Tub abused or for recharging or if it prevents the next guests enjoying it on their day of arrival.
Should for any reason beyond our control your Hot Tub is not in use we will offer use of the other Hot Tub IF it is avaliable i.e. the other property is not occupied. For those who booked after 2.5.15 where tariff includes use of tub, should your tub be out of action we will offer a £10 per day pro rata Hot Tub useage refund - at the owners discretion.
Please note the owner and or staff check the santiser of the Tub on a regular daily basis: we will try to do this when you are out and make every effort not to disturb you. Your safety in the Tub is of paramount importance and we follow the recommended HSE safety guidelines.
Retreat & Acorns Apartment each have their own washer drier, laundry bio liquid, clothes drier racks, iron and ironing board. Goodlands has it's own web site and is fully equipped.
Luminous Jackets & Torch
Provided in cupboard in accommodation for walk to pub, shop & bus stop (3 minutes) & River Cottage HQ (35 minutes). Note no pavements or street lighting to either.
One promo per booking if more than one running at any time.
Regret we have to charge £5 + p&p as this involves a special trip to the Post Office.
Full Access Statement is available on Home page or please phone to discuss your requirements.
- Drive has a slight slope so sensible footwear advisable. .
- Not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Acorns suitable for those with impaired mobility with only 3 easy riser steps.
- Steps to Retreat & Acorns easy risers, approx 10 steps to Retreat and 3 easy risers to Acorns.
- Hot Tubs each have set of steps. Tubs: 80cm high and 200cm in diameter.
- Access to Hot Tub is up the 3 steps and hold the side of the tub to gently let yourself in.
- Hot Tub has a submerged step inside and a lower submerged seat. Access with caution and care.
Any accident or injury sustained in any circumstances on our premises must be reported immediately to Proprietor and a report filed in our Accident Book.
In the unlikely event of a major event forcing us to close any accommodation (e.g. electrical failure, fire damage) we give as much notice as possible and will refund any monies paid by you for a deposit or full payment, this being the full limitation of our responsibility to you. We will not accept liability for any of your travel costs or related expenses. We will endeavour to assist you in finding alternative accommodation if at all possible.
If you have a complaint we would appreciate you having the good manners to tell us personally whilst here so we have the opportunity to remedy it.
Please let me know at the time of breakage or if something isn't working - I don't bite! I want to replace or repair anything broken or not working for your enjoyment and that of the next guests. Please just let me know. Most small breakages we don't charge for i.e. glass/mug.
We reserve the right to charge your card for damage or recover our insurance excess from you (e.g. breakages, red wine stains or hot tong marks) or to charge for missing items e.g. keys. The person who makes the booking is responsible for any damage and all payments.
Your Safety for Peace of Mind
I should like to reassure guests this is a professionally run establishment of some 17 years in business complying with regulations pertaining to Hot Tub HSE Guidelines, Business Public Liability Insurance, Fire, Health and Safety, Food Safety, online card security PCI regulated and VAT number 981 7201 15. Book with with confidence.
We hope that guests appreciate that these Terms and Conditions set out clearly and in detail are for all of our assistance and benefit.
Miss Joy Raymond, Properietor - an 18 year track record of excellence.
Overall Winner of Guest Accommodation of the Year Devon Tourism, Overall Winner of Taste of the West Guest Accmmodation 2013
Overall UK Winner Guest Accommodation in Green Tourism 2013.