Terms and Conditions for Hedgehog Corner: The Retreat Cottage & Acorns Apartment
(Goodlands has it's own web site full of information www.lymeregisluxurycottage.co.uk)
- All accommodation at Hedgehog Corner (The Retreat, Acorns for adults and couples for rest and relaxation).
- (We have a family friendly cottage, Goodlands www.lymeregisluxurycottage.co.uk).
- *We can welcome a "babe in arms" in Acorns only, up to 12 months, bring all baby equipment please.
- Note on booking form if a "babe in arms" is with you please so we are aware.
- Regret no pets (except Assistance Dogs).
- Arrival: 3 p.m.– 9 p.m. please. Departure by 10.30am please.
- Key Safe Box code emailed to you 6 & 2 days prior to arrival (or phone us).
- Please phone on 01297 32036 if delayed.
- Our mobile number is on your booking confirmation.
- Non-smoking within any property.
- If your online booking is same day please phone as well to confirm on 01297 32036.
We regret we cannot accept early arrivals of either guests or luggage before 3 p.m.
Please double check the dates and accommodation you have booked.
Please note: Failure to arrange late arrival prior to arrival date or failure to contact us prior to 8 p.m. on date of arrival will result in our treating the booking as a cancellation.
We are available 24/7 but please phone mobile number on door key tag and front door or ring front door bell.
Tariff and payment
- Availability and tariff can be seen and booked online in minutes.
(See Online Booking on main menu.)
- Payment is taken in full at time of booking.
- Debit card no surcharge. 2.5% surcharge for Credit cards.
- Regret no Amex, Diners Club or cheques accepted.
- Tariff includes VAT No: 981 7201 15
- All bookings considered "provisional" until "confirmation" email received by you
- "Confirmation" emails are sent within 24 hours as a rule
- All bookings considered "provisional" until full payment received and cleared
- Proprietor reserves the right to cancel any "provisional" booking.
Minimum Stay: see our live on line booking system
Retreat & Acorns: Self Catered B&B with breakfast basket: Minimum stay 2 nights, any 1 night gaps between bookings are released on our live on line booking system.
Includes 1 Breakfast Basket per booking and ample for stay (see contents list below)
No room tidies.
Note Retreat & Acorns near each other, easily accessed and bookable for 2 couples at the same time.
Agency bookings: T&Cs as per agency used (which may differ from these).
Cancellations made via our web site
- Written confirmation with reason needed to put into effect any cancellation.
- If re-let for full period booked, via us or our home web site, a refund may be given less 10% if relet through our web site
- If, discussed with you prior, re-let for full period booked via an Agency a refund may be given less 25%.
- No refunds for last minute cancellations (i.e. within 48 hours of 4 p.m. arrival time) or for early departures.
- We are unable to offer transfer of bookings. Amendments subject to T&Cs.
- Any refunds are entirely at the sole discretion of the management whose decision is final. Correspondence cannot be entered into.
- For Agency bookings (i.e. Holiday Lettings) see T&Cs with that agency that apply.
Please consider holiday insurance.
Towels, toiletries & Bedding provided
- We offer full non-feather bedding. There is a feather topper on the Retreat bed which is easily removed.
- All linen and towels. Eco toiletries + starter items such as loo rolls, dishwasher & washing machine tablets, tea towels, washing up liquid and cloths etc.
- 1 Breakfast Basket with each booking contains ample for the duration of your visit.
Assortment Clipper & Miles refreshments, Yarty Valley milk, Kellogs cereals, Quakers instant porridge pots, jar Lyme Bay ground coffee, loaf Joy's own homemade Wessex flour bread (if you have a preferance please give us 24 hours notice), butter, selection Hedgehog Corner miniature preserves, orange juice, Four Elms Fruit Farm apple juice, Frobisher orange juice, dozen free range eggs and Hedgehog Corner Muesli (muesli includes wheat, milk products, nuts & peanuts). Contents may slightly vary on occasion.
Dietary requests – 24 hours’ notice please i.e. Gluten Free Bread.
Please be aware nuts, milk and wheat are used in some products. No smoking inside any property/accommodation.
We cannot accommodate your pets. Assistance dogs are welcome.
Retreat & Acorns Apartment: rooms are not tidied daily.
Acorns – complimentary and good reception.
Retreat doesn't have wi fi, but it is available 24/7 at main house in outer front door porch with chair provided.
As a guest at these premises using the broadband facilities, the hirer and/or their guests agree that they will not use the service for unlawful or illegal purposes.
Retreat & Acorns Apartment have a washer drier, laundry bio liquid, clothes drier racks, iron and ironing board.
Luminous Jackets & Torch
Provided in cupboard in accommodation for walk to pub, shop & bus stop (3 minutes) & River Cottage HQ (35 minutes). Note no pavements or street lighting to either.
One promo per booking if more than one running at any time.
As this is a regular occurrence we regret we have to charge as this involves a special trip to the Post Office.
Full Access Statement is available on Home page or please phone to discuss your requirements.
- Drive has a slight slope so sensible footwear advisable. .
- Not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Acorns suitable for those with impaired mobility with only 3 easy riser steps.
- Steps to Retreat & Acorns easy risers, approx 10 steps to Retreat and 3 easy risers to Acorns.
Any accident or injury sustained in any circumstances on our premises must be reported immediately to Proprietor and a report filed in our Accident Book which you should then sign and us likewise or we will not deem it to have occured on our property.
In the unlikely event of a major event forcing us to close any accommodation (e.g. electrical failure, fire damage) we give as much notice as possible and will refund any monies paid by you for a deposit or full payment, this being the full limitation of our responsibility to you. We will not accept liability for any of your travel costs or related expenses. We will endeavour to assist you in finding alternative accommodation if at all possible.
If you have a complaint we would appreciate you having the good manners to tell us personally whilst here so we have the opportunity to remedy it. The person who makes the booking is the person responsible and any concerns should be raised by them.
We reserve the right to charge your card for damage or recover our insurance excess from you (e.g. breakages, red wine stains or hot tong marks) or to charge for missing items e.g. keys. The person who makes the booking is responsible for any damage and all payments.
Your Safety for Peace of Mind
I should like to reassure guests this is a professionally run establishment of some 17 years in business complying with regulations pertaining to Business Public Liability Insurance, Fire, Health and Safety, Food Safety, online card security PCI regulated and VAT number 981 7201 15. Book with with confidence.
We hope that guests appreciate that these Terms and Conditions set out clearly and in detail are for all of our assistance and benefit.
Miss Joy Raymond, Properietor
Winner of Guest Accommodation of the Year Devon Tourism,Taste of the West 2013
UK Winner Green Tourism 2013.